Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I've Just Had An Epiphany

I want the San Francisco Giants to win the World Series. Hear me out...

The Giants are 74-82, making their best possible record 80-82. However, Barry Bonds is back after missing most of the season, and the Giants are 8-2 in games where Bonds starts this season, which means that they could win this thing.

If the Giants - or any other team - won the World Series after going under .500 during the course of the 162 game regular season, that would instantly make the World Series the biggest joke in professional sports.

Do you realize how much easier that would make the summers for us O's fans? Knowing that the Orioles' impossible goal, the goal the Yankees and Red Sox chased so passionately, was essentailly meaningless anyway? I mean, who cares if the Orioles are in contention, when what they would be in contention for means nothing?

I might even start going to games again...

GO GIANTS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home