Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ummm...what?

Thanks to DK, for pointing out this Washington Post article out to me.

We got a good one here, kids. It seems the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff believes that our military is treating detainees "humanely and with the dignity that they should be accorded."

You may recall my last post, which seemed to contradict General Myers' appraisal of the situation.

There are two possibilities here, both are equally frightening. The first, and most unlikely of the two, is that Myers has his head in the sand and has not a clue what is going on in Guantanamo, Afghanistan, and Iraq (including Abu Ghraib - ya, remember that place? Apparently General Myers doesn't...).

The other possibility is that he does know what is going on, and he considers that humane and in accordance with dignity with which POWs should be treated.

I don't know about you, but I'm not sure which is worse. What I do know, however, is that the longer these people are in charge - that is, the ones who deny that there is any wrongdoing in our POW facilities and refuse to invesitgate, arrest, and punish those responsible - and by those responsible I don't mean a handful of privates and corporals who make handy scapegoats, I mean the sick motherfuckers upon whose orders these pawns were acting - the more danger our troops - potential POWs, all of them - face every day in what is already a Hellish environment.

You reap what you sow, and right now the U.S. Army is planting some deadly fruit. Unfortunately those doing the sowing aren't the ones on the front lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home