Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Monday, April 11, 2005

K-L-G Movie Awards - Semifinalists

Ok guys, you all remember how last Monday I announced the nominees for my own movie awards, decided by me, out of my personal DVD collection. Well, I've made the first round of cuts, and I'm pleased to announce the semi-finalists for each award:

Best Supporting Actress:
Minnie Driver - Good Will Hunting
Anjelica Huston - The Royal Tennenbaums
Carrie-Anne Moss - Memento
Franka Potente - The Bourne Identity

Last Nominee Cut:
Uma Thurman - Pulp Fiction

Best Supporting Actor:
David Carradine - Kill Bill
Morgan Freeman - The Shawshank Redemption
John Goodman - The Big Lebowski
Geoffrey Rush - Pirates of the Carribean

Last Nominee Cut:
Samuel L. Jackson - Pulp Fiction

Best Orginial Screenplay:
Ben Affleck & Matt Damon - Good Will Hunting
Wes Anderson & Owen Wilson - The Royal Tennenbaums
Roger Avary & Quentin Tarantino - Pulp Fiction
Ethan Coen & Joel Coen - The Big Lebowski

Last Nominee Cut:
Ethan Coen & Joel Coen - Fargo

Best Adapted Screenplay:
Alex Cox, Tod Davies, Terry Gilliam, & Tony Grisoni - Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas (Novel by Hunter S. Thompson)
Frank Darabont - The Shawshank Redemption (Short Story by Stephen King)
Christopher Nolan - Memento (Short Story by Jonathan Nolan)
Jim Uhls - Fight Club (Novel by Chuck Palahniuk)

Last Nominee Cut:
Tony Gilroy & William Blake Herron - The Bourne Identity (Novel by Robert Ludlum)

Best Lead Actress:
Annette Benning - American Beauty
Helena Bonham Carter - Fight Club
Frances McDormand - Fargo
Uma Thurman - Kill Bill

Last Nominee Cut:
Joey Lauren Adams - Chasing Amy

Best Lead Actor:
Johnny Depp - Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
Gene Hackman - The Royal Tennenbaums
Edward Norton - Fight Club
Tim Robbins - The Shawshank Redemption

Last Nominee Cut:
Kevin Spacy - American Beauty

Best Director:
Joel Coen - Fargo
David Fincher - Fight Club
Quentin Tarantino - Pulp Fiction
Quentin Tarantino - Kill Bill

Last Nominee Cut:
Christopher Nolan - Memento

Best Picture:
The Big Lebowski
Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction

Last Nominee Cut:
The Shawshank Redemption

Note: Sideways, being a movie I obtained after I started this, is ineligible for this year. Next year I'll do another one of these for all of the movies I have obtained between now and then. You can bet it'll be a big player in several categories.

Quick note on my Fantasy teams: with one week gone by, the early returns are...not good. 'Roid Rage is in 7th place out of 8 teams and the Paper Street Soap Co is in 10th out of 12. The problem, simply, was a complete lack of offense for both teams. However, it is a marathon, not a sprint, and I am confident that the bats for both will heat up, and sooner rather than later. The stars for the week: for 'Roid Rage, SP Jon Lieber, who recorded 2 wins with an ERA of 3.29. For Paper Street, it was OF Cliff Floyd, who had a .385 OBP and socked 2 jacks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home