Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Sunday, April 10, 2005

It's A Beautiful Day, Don't Let It Get Away

Well, today was quite a day, indeed. First, the weather was gorgeous. They expect it to cool off this week, but what they say should always be taken with a grain of salt.

I spent the early part of the day finishing a movie called Stir Crazy, a 1980 comedy starring Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder. It was pretty good - Pryor and Wilder are always funny individually and together they have - or had, rather, since they haven't done any movies together in a while - fantastic comedic chemistry. I'd love to see them do something together again.

Then it was out in the backyard to move some sticks and logs around. Not my idea of a good time, but it got me out of the house and doing something physical, plus the weather, as previously mentioned, was excellent.

I got back to the house and turned on the ballgame to find - much to my delight - that the Birds were beating the Yankees 7-1 (it was a 7-2 final).

Then I watched the Masters, which had one hell of an ending, maybe the best I've ever seen. I watch golf about once a year, and the Masters is it. And this year, it did not dissapoint on any level, although I wanted DiMarco to win.

We had a nice dinner (grilled turkey, baked potato, and ceaser salad), and then Kait, Mom, & I watched Sideways, upon whose virtues I have already extolled several times.

Ok, tommorow afternoon expect an update on my fantsay baseball teams, as well as the semi-finalists for my own private movie awards. Till then, P&L...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home