Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Monday, April 25, 2005

How 'bout them O's?

Man, it's been forever since I've posted. Sorry about that, loyal readers.

It's been so long, I have so much to talk about, mostly sports related. We'll begin with the Birds.

The O's busted out the brooms again, this time, for the first time, on the road, as they beat the Blue Jays 13-5, 4-1, and 7-1 - the last game was an absolute gem tossed by Sidney Ponson. That's nothing to poo-poo...the Jays came into the series 9-8, having taken 3 of 5 on the year from the Boston Red Sox. The Orioles, at 12-7, find themselves in 1st place in the American League East, with the 2nd best record in the AL (behind the Pale Hose of Chicago) and the 4th best record in MLB (behind the Dodgers and Cardinals). A three game set with the aforementioned BoSox is on deck, with 1st place at stake (the Sox are a game back with a record of 11-8).

I went to two baseball games last week, my first two of the season. On Monday, I had the opportunity to go check out DC's new club, and their old stadium. Simply put, RFK is no baseball park. It's a football stadium in which they put a diamond. I guess it's ok, since it's only a temporary home, but it's pretty dumpy, especially compared to the jewel we have in Baltimore. It wasn't a good night for the Nats, as they got dumped by the Marlins 9-4.

Speaking of the jewel in Baltimore, I was there Thursday night for a pitcher's duel against Boston, of which the Birds unfortunately fell on the losing end, 1-0. The important thing about that game, though, was that Rodrigo Lopez was able to match Matt Clement pitch for pitch (the Red Sox's run was unearned). It seems that he can truly be the ace for whom we've been looking.

The other big item this past week was the NFL Draft, which began at noon on Saturday and concluded just a few hours ago. The 'Skins had a pair of first round picks, which they spent on a couple of Auburn Tigers, CB Carlos Rogers and QB Jason Campbell. That the 'Skins were targeting Campbell was perhaps the worst-kept secret in the NFL. In fact, it was so well-known that I was erroneously certain that it wasn't going to happen. I guess now is Patrick Ramsey's time to prove he is the man here. Because if he can't get it done, Coach Gibbs already has Plan B lined up...

Ok, it's late & I'm tired, so I'm gonna have to put an end to this one. I'll be back tommorow afternoon to post the final results of my movie awards and give you an update on 'Roid Rage & the Paper Street Soap Co. Till then,

P&L...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home