Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Final Four Minus Two

Well, we're down to the two teams that will square off Monday Night in the National Championship Game, and, as promised, they are Illinois and UNC. I saw nothing tonight that will make me change my other prediction: Illinois will be the National Champions.

There is another sports highlight this weekend, of course. Baseball season starts, for the Red Sox and Yankees, anyway, tommorow night on ESPN. Most other teams, including the Orioles, kick off the season on Monday, and the rest begin on Tuesday. I don't see 85 wins to be unreachable for the Birds, provided their starting pitching picks up where it left off at the end of last season, and doesn't regress to where it had been for most of the campaign. As for the rest of Major League Baseball, I'm going to go ahead and project the Braves to be my World Series Champion for 2005, over the Yanks. With John Smoltz and Tim Hudson coming into the rotation, that gives Atlanta all the pitching in the world. And pitching, as we all know, wins championships.

Ok...more, better stuff tommorow. Promise. P&L...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home