Da Scent

This is my first real attempt at an on-line journal. It'll be parts political, parts personal, parts other. I'll try to keep it interesting, whatever I write. Feedback is appreciated...

UPDATE: Ok, I've taken a step to avoid spammers. So anyone can post comments again, you'll just have to do a word verification first. No big deal, just a minor pain in the ass, courtesy of the fucktards.

Name:
Location: Pasadena, Maryland

Aspiring novelist (hey, write, call or e-mail if you can hook me up with a literary agent...no hurries though, I've only just started).

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

'Roid Rage

Well, our League (The Big Knockers) had its fantasy draft this evening. Of course, everyone is happy with their team after the draft - nobody drafts players who they think stink, after all - and I am no exception. I got a ton of players who I think are going to hit a ton of Home Runs for me this summer, and HRs has a way of carrying the other statistics along with it. So, without further ado, I present my team, 'Roid Rage:

Starting Line-Up

2B - Alfonso Soriano
3B - David Wright
OF - Jim Edmonds
1B - Mark Teixeira
OF - Gary Sheffield
OF - Sammy Sosa
DH - Justin Morneau
C - Mike Piazza
SS - Juan Uribe

Bench
C - Joe Mauer
SS - Alex Gonzalez
OF - Steve Finley

Pitchers
SP - Tim Hudson
SP - Carl Pavano
SP - Mark Mulder
SP - Odalis Perez
SP - Jon Lieber
SP - John Thomson
RP - Eddie Guardado
RP - Danys Baez
RP - Chad Cordero
RP - Jose Mesa

I feel pretty good about my team.

Here's a link I found via DU, and it's from right here on blogspot. It's a terrifically funny editorial run in Scientific American. I won't repost it, just link to it. Here.

Not much else to write about. Maybe I'll blog again after CSI: New York. Maybe not. We'll see.

P&L...

2 Comments:

Blogger Chasehunterj said...

so, when is joe mauer going to get better???

9:17 PM  
Blogger K - L - G said...

Hopefully, as soon as he can manage to stay off the DL for a week or so. That's why I've got Piazza, too. I figre between the two of them I should get one full season...

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home